Thursday, September 25, 2008

Innovate or Die

Well, the blogosphere is a brave new world for me. Only a few days ago, I commented, "What, me blog!!!" But, as a part of Omaha Public Library's Think Tank, I felt I had some ethical responsibility to do this. After all, I was a part of the group that suggested staff do it!
The public library is my life (at least a big part of it). But, unless we're careful, this great institution could become irrelevant and fade out of existence. So, we must innovate, re-invent, and change the way we think of public libraries. If they survive, public libraries of the future will be unrecognizable.
So, I guess that's the theme of my blog. I would like to vision with you, talk to you, and talk about innovation in any way related to public libraries. Maybe this is how our Think Tank can expand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a name for a post